These pancakes are super east to make and absolutely delicious! They are perfect for a filling breakfast and they are really healthy!
For this recipe you need to use 2 eggs for every banana that you use, it just depends on how many you want to make!
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- self-raising flour
- Peel the bananas and use a fork to mash them onto a chopping board.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, before adding in the mashed banana and whisking some more.
- Add a few heaped tablespoons of self-raining flour. The exact amount is up to you, but make sure the mixture is thick enough to stop it running too much in the pan.
- You could add in some berries and chocolate if you want to make your pancakes more interesting. Our favourite combination is blueberries and dark chocolate – make sure you chop up the fruit and chocolate into small pieces first.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan which has a lid.
- spoon the mixture into the pan in small circle shapes – we normally make three pancakes at a time but it depends on the size of your pan!
- Make sure you cover the pancakes with the lid when they are cooking – this means that they will cook all the way through before the bottom burns.
- When little bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes they are ready to be flipped.
- Cook for a few minutes on the other side before removing them from the pan.
The best thing about these pancakes is that you can serve them with all of your favourite toppings. Our favourite is yoghurt with fresh berries and a berry sauce, which we made from heating up some frozen berries and a little bit of water in a saucepan. What are your favourite toppings?