Hash browns are one of our favourite parts of a big breakfast, but there is nothing better than making them yourself. They are really easy to make, very healthy and you only need 3 ingredients!
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- Roughly grate the potatoes. You can swap out some of your potatoes for sweet potatoes if you fancy!
- Peel and grate your onion, adding it to the potato mix.
- Wash the grated potato and onion through before squeezing out all the moisture and drying them well.
- Beat an egg and add salt and pepper for seasoning (you could also add a few chilli flakes if you wanted).
- Add the egg to the potatoes and use your hands to mix in.
- Put the frying pan on a medium to high heat
- Use your hands to create flat balls of the potatoes mixture and place them into the frying pan. Make sure that they are not too thick.
- After 4-5 minutes flip the hash browns over to cook on the other side. You want them to be golden brown on each side (you could add a lid to the pan if you want them to cook a bit faster).
These hash browns are a delicious and you can eat them at any time of the day – as a snack, with breakfast, with a salad for lunch or as a side at dinner. We served them with some fresh avocado, cherry tomatoes and vegetarian sausages for brunch – what an easy way to get 3 of your 5-a-day.