These wraps are easy to make, there is barely any washing up and they taste amazing! They are really healthy and spinach is a great source of vitamins K, A and C. You only need 4 ingredients for these wraps and you can add any fillings you want to get even more of your five a day. Wraps are a fun, hands-on food to make and eat so they are perfect for cooking with kids! You can even make them in advance, wrap them in tinfoil and store them in the fridge or freezer for another day – ideal for cooking on a rainy day!
- 180g spinach
- 375g whole wheat flour
- 45g unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Pour boiling water over the spinach in a bowl and leave it for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the spinach has wilted, use a sieve or a colander to remove the water, and run the spinach under cold water.
- Transfer the cooked spinach into a blender and blitz it, until the cooked spinach forms a smooth paste.
- Add the flour, butter and the salt into a large bowl and rub together using your fingers, until it is well mixed.
- Add the spinach puree to the bowl and mix well.
- Finally, add 60g of water to the mixture until the dough holds together (but is not too wet).
- Cover the dough with a damp tea-towel and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal balls.
- Cover the surface in a sprinkle of flour, and roll out each ball into 8 inch discs.
- Heat a pan.
- Once the pan is hot, transfer a wrap into the pan and cook for about 30 seconds on each side (or until brown spots appear).
- Repeat step 11 until all 10 of your wraps have been cooked.
Wraps are brilliant as you can fill them with whatever you would like! Our favourite fillings include peppers, humus and falafel, as well as chicken and salad. Why don’t you give it a try? Let us know your favourite fillings are!