This dessert is absolutely delicious and it does not take much effort at all! You can try it out with different seasonal fresh fruits and even pair with homemade sauces or ice cream!
- 4 egg whites
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 pineapple
- 3 kiwifruits
- Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Whisk the caster sugar into the egg whites, one teaspoon at a time, until all the sugar has been added.
- Whisk in the cornflour.
- Place some baking paper on your baking tray and spread the meringue mixture on top in a circle shape (roughly 23 cm diameter, but it can be bigger or smaller depending on what you want).
- Make sure your sides are slightly higher than the centre of the meringue.
- Place in the oven at 150 degrees celsius for an hour.
- Your meringue should be firm to touch and have a pale beige colour.
- Switch off the oven, but leave the meringue inside until it is completely cool.
- For the cream, whisk together the double cream and the icing sugar until it is stiff.
- Spread the cream over the meringue and add your chopped fresh fruit just before serving.